Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 6, 2013 - This is the last day & General Conference has been amazing!

Sorry I didn't see your extra email until now. Yeah, our teachers taught us the “have you eaten yet” phrase (Barbara note: That is a way to open a conversation in Cantonese). I felt really cool because I already knew it. I also was the only one to know how to pronounce the Church's name for the first week, so tell Eva thank you!

We're taking the FrontRunner train up to SLC, so we have to be at the travel office in the MTC at 3:30 in the morning, which I think might be the absolute worst time possible. Too late to really just stay up through, too early to go to bed for a while. It'll be interesting. (Barbara note: They actually didn’t take the train because it wasn’t running that early in the morning. The MTC vans took them right to the airport).


This is the last day! General conference so far has been amazing. I got a ton more out of it than I ever have before. I actually wanted each session to go on longer instead of falling asleep halfway through, so that was probably part of it. I'm glad that I got to see conference now instead of at the beginning of my mission, because I don't think I would have gotten much out of it at the beginning. I actually really liked Elder Bednar's talk about tithing, which was odd because that was the least applicable to missionaries. It made me think of Dad's work situation. Hopefully he does get success, though. I did see Dad once during the Saturday morning session.


Next time I write I'll probably be in China. I forgot to buy a phone card because I forgot that the bookstore was closed on Saturday, but one way or another I will call home from LAX, around 9 o’clock probably, so please be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment